Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Terror Tour


The last time I was in India was to see my cousin Mamta marry Satyan.  They spent the evening with me today, taking me on a tour of the city by night.  Except for the Gandhi museum near their house, just about all of the spots we saw were targeted by the terrorists in 2008.  We visited the Gateway of India, Taj, Oberoi, Leopold Cafe and CS Terminus.  Later that night they took me to Bademya, an extemely popular grilling stall that fills the street with patrons through the night, mostly eating on their car hoods and trunks.  It was a nice relaxed night of just being out and chatting.

Eventually I was dropped off at the Wilmington club again to share in my cousin-in-law's wife, Aanika's, birthday celebration.  That was a fun, chill group of people.  I just wish the music was a bit softer so I could talk to them more, my usual complaint just about every time I go out.  Unfortunately the bars in Mumbai close at 1:30 which makes it hard to go out since dinner is usually around 10PM.  After a pit stop to another street grill we took the revelry back to the apartment for a final nightcap.












No comments: