Sunday, May 15, 2011

Total Waste of My Time

We didn't do shit today and it sucked. I was originally planning on leaving first thing in the morning because I thought we were going to spend the previous evening out in the fields with the nanny's father's flock of sheep as they moved to new grazing ground. But then it turns out it was supposed to be tonight so I stayed one extra day.

My host is at a particular point in his life where he just wants to take it easy. I'm a super type A vacationer. I feel like I need to accomplish something each day, rest is for when you get back to work. I would go off on walks in the mornings but there's only so much of a small mountain village street life you can see. I had told myself that this will be a lesson in patience and relaxation for me. Maybe I don't have to occupy every second of every day checking things off lists and photographing ever flower I see.








No comments: